- About FastStore Client
Answers to general questions regarding FastStore Client.
What is a FastStore Client?
FastStore Client is an application for sending files to a specific FastStore, a file transfer system restricted to defined FastStore Clients. Sending files with FastStore Client is done straight from the desktop or online from an account in the MyFileflow web portal. FastStore Clients come with an additional HotFolder application that makes it possible to specifying a folder as a mailbox.
What is HotFolder?
HotFolder is an application that comes with FastStore Clients. HotFolder makes it possible to give a specific folder mailbox properties, meaning that all files put into the folder is automatically sent when the HotFolder application is started.
How do I use my FastStore Client online?
Log in to your account and click on FastStore Client. Type in a subject, message and drag and drop your files and folders into the Files field. Then, click the Send button, and you'll see the progress of your transfer.
Can I use FastStore Client on any operating system and send files to any platform?
Can I send multiple files and folders?
What files types can I send?
You can transfer any type of file, and folders too.
Should I zip/pack/compress files or folders before I send them?
No, we automatically pack and compress all your files for you. In fact, we recommend you not to do anything to your files before sending them.
Is it safe to send sensitive files?
Yes, it is safe, because:
- The FastStore Client application operates over a HTTPS connection. HTTPS creates a secure channel and protects from eavesdropping and man-in-the-middle-attacks.
- Before files leave your computer, they are secured with 2048-bit RSA encryption, which is equal to, or higher than industry standards. In fact, The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in the USA recommend it's use until 2030!
- The secured files are transferred encrypted.
- The files are stored encrypted in a purpose built, state of the art, continuously monitored and guarded data center, certified according to EN ISO 9001:2000.
Answers to questions regarding installation of FastStore Client.
How do I install FastStore Client?
Log in to your MyFileflow account and click on FastStore Client. Click on Download. Double-click the downloaded installation file, and follow the installation instructions.
How do I install and use the HotFolder?
Log in to your MyFileflow account. Click on FastStore Client. Click on Download and download HotFolder. Double-click the downloaded installation file, and follow the installation instructions. Start the HotFolder application, and specify which folder you wish to use. Then, click on the Start button. All the files you put into the folder you specified, are automatically sent.
Can I install my FastStore Client on more than one computer?
Yes, on up to two (2) computers (virtual or physical), but you may only use your FastStore Client on a single computer at any time.
Answers to questions about trouble shooting FastStore Client.
I have a problem. What do I do?
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Java installed. If you are a PC user, go to Control Panel and click on Java. Select the Update tab, and click on Update Now. Mac users click on the apple in the far left corner of the screen, and select Software Update. Or, go to www.java.com and click on Free Java Download.
- Open your Java Settings. If you are a PC user, go to Control Panel and open Java. If you are a Mac user, go to Applications, Utilities and open Java Preferences. Select the Advanced tab and click on Show console, Activate tracing and Debugging. Save your changes.
- Start your application. If the application does not function properly, proceed to the next step.
- Copy all text from the Java console and paste it into a text document, or directly into the contact form. Send us the information along with the Logs folder. The logs are located in \Documents and Settings\your name\fileflow or directly on you root folder (usually C:\) if you are a PC user. On a Mac, you will find it in HD/Users/your name/fileflow.
When you have the Java Console information and the logs, click here to contact us.