- About FastSend
Answers to general questions regarding FastSend - for sending limitless file fast, easy and secure.
What is FastSend?
FastSend is a personal application for sending files fast, securely and with ease. FastSend has no limitations, meaning that you can actually send as many and as large files as you like, as often as you need, to anyone. You use FastSend directly from your desktop or online for easy access on any computer.
Can I use FastSend on any operating system and send files to any platform?
Do the people I send files to need a Fileflow product?
No. Not even Java, which is our only system requirement for sending files.
Can I send multiple files and folders?
What files types can I send?
You can transfer any type of file, and folders too.
Can I send separate files to separate people at once?
Should I zip/pack/compress files or folders before I send them?
No, we automatically pack and compress all your files for you. In fact, we recommend you not to do anything to your files before sending them.
Can I send to several people at once?
Yes. Simply divide email addresses like you would in a normal email message by comma, colon, or semicolon
Is it safe to send sensitive files?
Yes, it is safe, because:
- FastSend operates over a HTTPS connection. HTTPS creates a secure channel and protects from eavesdropping and man-in-the-middle-attacks.
- Before files leave your computer, they are secured with 2048-bit RSA encryption, which is equal to, or higher than industry standards. In fact, The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) n the USA recommend it's use until 2030!
- The secured files are transferred encrypted.
- The files are stored encrypted in a purpose built, state of the art, continuously monitored and guarded data center, certified according to EN ISO 9001:2000.
- Only the person you give the download password to can download your files.
Who can download the files I send?
Everybody. There are no requirements for downloading files.
How many times can my files be downloaded?
There are no limitations for the number of downloads.
Answers to questions related to FastSend installation.
How do I install FastSend?
Log in to your MyFileflow account and click on FastSend. Click on Download. Double-click the downloaded installation file, and follow the installation instructions.
Can I install FastSend on more than one computer?
Yes, on up to two (2) computers (virtual or physical), but you may only use one instance of FastSend at any time.
I need to reinstall FastSend. What do I do?
Log in to your MyFileflow account. Click on FastSend, then Download. Double-click the downloaded installation file, and follow the installation instructions.
Answers to questions about trouble shooting FastSend
I have a problem. What do I do?
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Java installed. If you are a PC user, go to Control Panel and click on Java. Select the Update tab, and click on Update Now. Mac users click on the apple in the far left corner of the screen, and select Software Update. Or, go to www.java.com and click on Free Java Download.
- Open your Java Settings. If you are a PC user, go to Control Panel and open Java. If you are a Mac user, go to Applications, Utilities and open Java Preferences. Select the Advanced tab and click on Show console, Activate tracing and Debugging. Save your changes.
- Start FastSend. If the application does not function properly, proceed to the next step.
- Copy all text from the Java console and paste it into a text document, or directly into the contact form. Send us the information along with the Logs folder. The logs are located in \Documents and Settings\your name\fileflow or directly on you root folder (usually C:\) if you are a PC user. On a Mac, you will find it in HD/Users/your name/fileflow.
When you have the Java Console information and the logs, click here to contact us.
How do I use FastSend online?
Log in to your account and click on FastSend. Type in your recipient's email address, a subject and message and drag and drop your files and folders into the Files field. Then, click the Send button, and you'll see the progress of your transfer.
How do I password protect the files I want to send?
Click on the lock icon next to the Subject field. You set the password, and you have the option to deliver the password by our SMS service.
Why has my recipient not received the email notification?
If you recipient has not received the email notification, it has ended up in their spam/junk folder. We have taken precautions so that emails will not be caught in such filters, but it can happen in some cases. Tell your recipient to have a look in the spam/junk folder, and to add our notification system email address (
) to their contacts address book. After they add the contact, they will not have any problems receiving files from you again.
How do I forward files?
In you desktop or online outbox, click on the forward button next to the fileset you wish to forward.
How can I delete files I have sent?
Log in to your account. Click on FastSend and your Outbox, and then, click on the delete button next to the fileset you wish to permanently remove.
How do I change the graphic banner in the email notifications?
Log in to your account. Click on FastSend and Email banner. Upload an image and Save.